Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Inside

"The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination." ~Ward Elliot Hour

The silence of winter is full like a lover's sigh beckoning me back to bed. I don't particularly like winter; however, I can appreciate its call to go back in.

Thank you God for wrapping my house in a blanket of snow and keeping me inside with my art and my friends and my thoughts. Thank you for gifting me one more day to work, play, and heal in the comfort of my home.

I appreciate this opportunity to embrace the nature's rhythm. I am glad to be in a space where I am not fighting the quiet or the solitude. There is a lot happening, right here - inside.

2 comments:

  1. So -- here's my post inspired by our conversation. :) http://resilientlady.blogspot.com/2010/01/inside-cocoon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost went out again!! Then the divine hit me with this blanket of snow. So glad we talked. I got a lot of work done.

    ReplyDelete